From one of my coworkers reflecting on five years working for Automattic. It is a constant joy working with people who are so passionate about democratizing publishing and making the web a better place.
On August, 24th, 2009, I posted the following on this very site:
Today is the most beautiful of days. I’m not talking about the weather, but about a feeling that is currently impregnating every single fiber of my professional being. See, today marks the beginning of my trial phase (contractor) as Automattic‘s newest full-time systems wrangler.
I became employee #40-something (of now 259) as of September 21st that year, and in that span, I was part of the following teams (listing employees still with us today):
- Systems, with Barry, Demitrious & Pyry.
- Short stint as the “special projects” guy, before we started being big enough to have teams.
- NUX (WordPress.com signup, new users experience, domains, etc), with Nikolay.
- Janitorial (internal tools), with Andy, Matt, MT, Nick & Rose.
- Triton (WordPress.com UX), with Andy (again), Bob, Greg & Payton.
- Team I/O (APIs…
View original post 91 more words